I saw


I wanted to be alone
I wanted to be free,
I wanted to run away
From every thing that was hurting me.


I thought I’d take a walk

I thought it’d clear of my mind,
I didn’t want to talk
Just be alone with the night.


I never did imagine

I never could’ve guessed,
That the answer to all my problems
was right there in my face.


I saw a young girl

I saw her whole life,
I saw to my thrill
Her sorrow and strife.


She seemed a bit unconscious

Of what was going around,
And a gray tear strolled from her eyes
When someone was lowered to the ground.


I wanted to cry

I wanted to scream,
I saw how the pain
Went under her skin.


I saw how her life was

The same way I saw my self,
Our lives had no fairies,
God-mothers or elves.


I lived a life of solitude

She lived a life in vain,
But we both had
A strong on going pain.


I was desperate

For what I could find.
I was looking
for at least a sign.


I wanted to help her

I just didn’t know how,
I wanted her happiness
So I had to find out.


And as I came closer

I finally understood,
I was looking into a mirror...
I had never moved.


I saw to my surprise

That the young girl was me,
It was my inner self
Trying to break free.